Increase in ESG Engagement
There has been an increase in “noise” around ESG in recent years and, in the same vein, there is now more ESG engagement between investors and companies than before.
Let’s take a look at some information and statistics from Russell Investments’ 2021 Annual ESG Manager Survey:
- Asset managers continue to increase their engagement activities.
- 90% of the respondents include ESG discussions in meetings with senior management of the companies they invest in.
- 35% of the respondents claimed they always include ESG discussions, compared to just 21% in the 2018 survey response.
- Conversely, the respondents who rarely or never include ESG discussions declined to 9%, compared to 20% in 2018.
Download the report for a comprehensive study on:
- The Growth of ESG & Engagement
- The Case for Engagement
- Engagement Challenges for Investors
- Engagement Opportunities for Investors
- Engagement and Technology: A Practitioner’s Perspective
- Making Engagement More Effective